Getting your business offerings discovered on the web involves a combination of strategies and tactics. Here are some basic steps to check off your list of priorities when it comes to marketing a business online. Small steps taken now will pay off big time down the road.
Focus on these foundational steps to build a strong online presence for your business.
1.) Website Optimization:
- Make your website easy to use: Ensure your website is simple to navigate. People should quickly find what they’re looking for.
- Mobile-friendly: Many people use phones to browse the web, so make sure your website looks good and works well on mobile devices.
- Secure your site: Get an SSL certificate (that “HTTPS” thing you see in the web address) to show your site is safe for users.
2.) Keyword Research:
- Find the right words: Think about what words people might type into Google to find your products or services. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to help you.
- High-value keywords: Look for keywords that many people search for, but that aren’t too competitive. These are more likely to bring visitors to your site.
3.) On-Page SEO:
- Use your keywords: Put your chosen keywords naturally in your website content, like in blog posts or product descriptions.
- High-quality content: Make sure your content is useful and well-written. Google likes high-quality content.
4.) Local SEO:
- Google My Business: Create a Google Business Profile, and make sure it’s complete with accurate information about your business.
- Encourage reviews: Ask happy customers to leave reviews on your Google My Business page. More positive reviews can boost your visibility.
5.) Content Marketing:
- Plan your content: Decide what kind of content you want to create, like blog posts, videos, or infographics.
- Shareable content: Make content that people want to share with their friends or followers. The more your content gets shared, the more people will see it.
Remember, it’s a journey, and it takes time to build a solid online presence and see significant results. Be patient, and stay consistent with your efforts. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.