Consumption of online video is at an all-time high. With everyone carrying a smartphone in their pocket, there’s an ever-increasing volume of users connected to the Internet at any given moment – even on the go!
With that in mind, realize that the most effective strategy for your website pages to obtain top placement in search engines is to publish a steady flow of fresh and popular content using keywords closely related to your chosen topic.
Combine these efforts and you’ll soon realize that Video Blogging can be a winning strategy.
More than half of YouTube views happen on mobile devices. Once users start watching video, they are staying on the platform for increasingly longer periods of time. On mobile, the average viewing session is now more than 40 minutes. Video is swiftly replacing television as the medium of choice to occupy our down time.
Keep this in mind when considering options for marketing your business online and expanding your digital footprint on the web. Video blogging is a highly effective method of attracting and building a following.
When compared to the written word, video blogging is a more personal communication vehicle. We naturally react to human faces, so here’s an ideal way to convey tone and emotion. Fostering human connection goes a long way in building a foundation for trustworthiness.
When it comes to making a purchasing decision, followers who haven’t yet conducted business with you will have a better sense of who you are. A comfort level is established. For existing customers, your brand is more likely to be top of mind.
Video clips can be entertaining, instructional or informative. Feature video on your business website, and brief snippets can serve as takeaways to be populated on social media platforms. Not only is there great opportunity to set yourself apart from the crowd, but this strategy creates a breadcrumb trail that attracts customers back into your website.
Here are a few tips on how to create quality website content using video blogging as a marketing strategy. With the proper approach and attention to details, your website will also reap the added benefits of enhanced SEO (search engine optimization).
- Consider the setting. Clear the viewing area of clutter! You don’t want visual distractions to get in the way of your messaging.
- For improved sound clarity, use a microphone. This small step will greatly minimize any background noise.
- To better connect with your audience when speaking to a camera, make eye contact and be animated. Imagine the person you’re speaking with is looking back at you.
- Keep it brief. According to scientists, the age of smartphones has left humans with such a short attention span even a goldfish can hold a thought for longer. If you don’t want to lose your audience, keep the duration of your video under 4 minutes in length — ideally under 2-3 minutes.
- Differentiate yourself. Whether you use unusual visuals or present products or information in an unexpected way, you have a chance to be memorable. By setting yourself apart from the norm, you’ll also increase the chances of your content being shared.
- Wrap it up by clarifying key points made, and include a call to action. Direct your viewer to the next step they should take, such as, “Follow us on Twitter.”, “Download a coupon.” or “Use this promo code to buy now.”
- Invite others to critique your video. Such feedback will provide insight on details you may have otherwise missed.
- When posting your video on the web, always include a written synopsis of the content. This step is very important! Search engines won’t send traffic your way unless they can catalog the content. Search engines crawl text, but they can’t “see” what’s presented on video.
Video blogging for business can give your website an advantage over the competition. It\’s a powerful strategy that could take your blog and your business to the next level.
While having great website content is crucial to any brand’s online success, how you package and deliver that content is just as important. If implementing a marketing strategy like this seems to be too much of an undertaking for your business, professional services such as those provided by Innovast Digital Marketing can help. Writers and marketers will plan, create, and promote online content for you that is designed to engage online readers and move them to action.
Karen Etchells is a Digital Marketing Strategist with Innovast Digital Marketing, helping businesses find success online with Website Design, Content Marketing, SEO, Social Media Management, and Email Marketing.